New footage purports the Islamic State wants to make “assassination attempts” against Donald Trump and other world leaders.
The video “Incite the Believers to Fight 2” features a segment of Secret Service agents rushing the U.S. president-elect off stage in Reno. At the time, Trump claimed it was an assassination attempt.
ISIS has long threatened the United States through videos.
In one, a soldier says, “revenge has started” and the “blood will flow. … France was the beginning. Tomorrow will be Washington. It will be New York and it will be Moscow.”
Trump laid out plans to defeat the terrorist organization during his campaign.
“My administration will aggressively pursue joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expanded intelligence sharing and cyberwarfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting. We cannot allow the Internet to be used as a recruiting tool, and for other purposes, by our enemy—we must shut down their access to this form of communication, and we must do so immediately,” Trump said.
- Work with our Arab allies and friends in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS.
- Pursue aggressive joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expand intelligence sharing and cyberwarfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting.
- Defeat the ideology of radical Islamic terrorism just as we won the Cold War.
- Establish new screening procedures and enforce our immigration laws to keep terrorists out of the United States.
- Suspend, on a temporary basis, immigration from some of the most dangerous and volatile regions of the world that have a history of exporting terrorism.
- Establish a Commission on Radical Islam to identify and explain to the American public the core convictions and beliefs of Radical Islam, to identify the warning signs of radicalization and to expose the networks in our society that support radicalization.